Ford Driving Dreams Grants
The 2019-2021 Ford Driving Dreams Grants RFP period is now open!
2019-2021 Ford Driving Dreams Grants RFP
The Ford Driving Dreams Grants program is awarding $20,000 seed grants to LULAC councils to address Latino graduation rates in their communities. We invite LULAC councils across the country and Puerto Rico to apply for this esteemed two year grant totaling $20,000. 2019 target areas including Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, New York, Puerto Rico, and Texas but all are welcomed to apply.
Information Call Schedule
December 10, 2018
January 18, 2019
February 7, 2019
March 7, 2019
All calls will take place at 2 p.m. MST and are estimated to last an hour.
• Dial-in number: 1-866-364-1511
• Conference code: 7486909436
• Security code: 1212
Eligibility and Applicant Criteria
LULAC Councils must:
● Be in good standing; must have submitted 2019 re-charter application and dues (to learn about starting or re-chartering a council, click here).
● Partner with a local agency; tax-exempt educational institution; or tax-exempt organization as described in Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code that is not a private foundation or non-functionally integrated Type III supporting organization.
● Be located in the United States or Puerto Rico.
● Provide the physical space to host the program activities.
● Provide compensation for one program coordinator; selected coordinator must be available for in person training in Milwaukee, WI July 11-12, 2019.
● Work with LULAC Institute, Inc. and Ford Motor Company Fund for marketing and outreach activities.
● Provide timely quarterly reporting, pictures and other reporting data, as requested.
● Participate in conference calls and other update meetings, as they arise
Deadline to apply is 5 p.m. MST, Tuesday March 19, 2019.
For questions and additional information, contact Fdd@LULAC.org.
Notice of IntentInterested councils can submit a Notice of Intent and stay informed for updates on the RFP process, click below.
2019 RFP Form
To learn more about Ford Driving Dreams Grants Program click below.
High school graduation rates have been steadily rising in the last decade, thanks to several educational initiatives and investments promoting on-time graduation in the United States. In 2015, the Department of Education reported a record-breaking high school graduation rate of 83.2% among high school students. Despite significant improvements, Hispanic graduation rates (77%) still trail in comparison to Non-Hispanic Whites (89%), Asians (91%) and African American students (82%) which LULAC and Ford Motor Company Fund are addressing in a partnership.
To date, 66 LULAC councils in 60 cities across 27 state have developed effective high school dropout prevention programs in their respective communities. The Ford Driving Dreams Grants Program has funded over 60 programs, supported the education for more than 2,000 students and served as a convener and facilitator of the growth of LULAC councils.
To learn more about LULAC’s Ford Driving Dreams Grants programs, click on each cohort below!